FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to sit on the 747-8i [merged B74H experience reports]
Old Jan 29, 2014, 1:43 pm
Hadrian35

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I personally don't like sitting next to the WC as there is noise and light all throughout the flight.

Your best shot I think on having a free seat next to you is to book one of the middle seats on the lower deck of the aircraft. Even if you don't have a free seat you won't have anyone bothering you to get in or out of their seat nor will you have to bother anyone. For this reason the middle seats are a good choice.

I suggest the lower deck as for some reason everyone wants to be on the upper deck- not just on LH but on all 2 level aircraft- I have no idea why this is however you will be far more likely to have more space on the lower deck as opposed to the upper deck in business class.
Thanks for the input. I'm usually an aisle man and downstairs in the middle was my initial selection but then I decided this flight is about experiencing the 747, haven't been on one in decades. I want to see that wing and those engines and I want to ride upstairs... basically I'm eight years old.