FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about Belize locations for honeymoon
Old Jan 29, 2014, 9:06 am
VLtone

Question about Belize locations for honeymoon

Hi All,

My fiance and I are pretty set on going to Belize this June for our honeymoon (however, if anyone thinks it's a terrible idea - I'm all ears).

We've done a fair amount of research and seems like there is a lot to be enjoyed. I'd like to book my whole trip within the next week and have communicated with a few resorts as well as some VRBO locations. The good news is that I've come to the realization that I think no matter what we end up doing, it's going to be a great time.

What I'm most curious about is what area I should be booking in. We ideally want to do beach/ocean stuff as well as inland stuff. The list of activities we're primarily interested include the following...
  • beach/relaxation
  • snorkeling/scuba (possible to do the whale shark thing stuff?)
  • fishing
  • cave tubing
  • mayan ruins
  • rainforest stuff (jaguar safari if possible)

It seems like caye's are the best spot for the water related activities but they're also quite far from the inland/jungle stuff. We're going to go for about a week (maybe 8 days) and my thinking is that if we stay at Ambergris that we would need to spend maybe 5 days there and then 3 days at another location inland (I've heard that it takes forever to do the inland excursions based out of ambergris). The other option I was thinking would be to stay at a place like Hopkins which is more centrally located and might allow us to stay in the same spot the whole time.

Any advice for me would be really appreciated. As I said, I'd like to just finalize the whole thing very soon.

Thanks in advance. everyone.