FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France/KLM to start trial with WiFi on board in 2013
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:33 am
Zembla

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Lufthansa has re-introduced it several years ago already, all longhaul planes are equipped with it. Works pretty well.

I have also used it on EK and QR, part of their fleets have it (EK A380, QR 787). Also works pretty well.

Very neat, and I am glad AFKL finally catch up. It would make a difference for me to take them for instance on a CDG-USA flight. I don't spend the entire flight online browsing all kinds of pages. But on a 8-11 hour flight checking in from time to time and getting some emails out of the way or using the uninterrupted time on board to research things (work-related, or just to organize the next private holiday) is much less stressful than landing with a huge jetlag and having to go through an enormous heaps of mails that have arrived while I was in the air. The good thing about the "always on" world is that one *can* be always online. Noone forces you.
It's part of a massive cultural change that is ongoing. More and more our lives get focussed on screens, and more and more possibilities are introduced to do so. The problem with this cultural change, is that it is slowly becoming an expectation that you are always checking your email, social messages, and what not...

I prefer to chill and rest whilst travelling (also to avoid jet-lag), and my boss is OK with that. Crossing my fingers that the expectations aren't going to shift...