FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More UA/SQ award booking challenges
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:28 am
lax2010

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
What is the nature of this bug that you were talking about? Any hope to have it fixed before 2/1? Or book manually?

Originally Posted by sbm12
I've spent the past couple weeks chasing down details on issues with United being unable to book some coach awards on SQ metal. I wanted to fly LAX-NRT-SIN on SQ and the coach seats appeared to be available to ANA, AV and AC; surely that meant I should be able to call and book them with an agent. Except not so much. And so I started to fear the return of StarNet blocking.

After much back and forth and digging (including some help from more senior people there, not just res agents) a bug in the systems has been identified. It is not a willful blocking of the seats (i.e. NOT StarNet blocking) but it is a very real problem affecting all SQ flights which touch the USA (SQ1, SQ11, SQ15, SQ25 & SQ61). Those flights are not able to be booked - in whole or in part - as an award using UA miles at this time.

They're working on solving the problem, but it isn't there yet.

Added bonus: An agent confirmed that all awards involving SQ metal are now manually priced. Have fun with that.