FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Hong Kong, 2014-present
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:18 am
wharvey
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Unless I am mistaken, the Megabonus certificates will not work for this Courtyard. It is a Category 5 and the Megabonus certificates are only good for Category 1 - 4.

There’s plenty to love about Marriott Rewards, from exclusive benefits to 250+ rewarding opportunities. Now, with MegaBonus, there’s even more.

To earn up to two free nights:
•Register by March 31, 2014
•Stay between February 1 and April 30, 2014
•Earn a free night at a category 1-4 hotel after the second paid stay, up to two free nights

Am I missing something?

Originally Posted by nacho
This is a cheap way to do it:

If you are living in the US: Run the megabonus and earn 2 certs, if you are going with your partner, run for 4 cets. Then you got 4 out of 5 nights covered. The last one you can use points/cert if you have any.

CY is a 5 so you can use your cert there.

Then apply the cert for 4 nights in CY Hong Kong. I wouldn't suggest HK Sky City because it's far far away and the fastest way is the airport express which is going to cost you a fortune to pendel back and forth. You won't make the lounge during the cocktail hours (I don't like the lounge food in Sky City/CY - there are better food out there and it's not expensive).

If you don't care about stay credit, then book it through other online travel agencies.

You are not the only travelling on your own dime - we do too, and we solely travel on leisure so our status is also earned through our own dime too. I totally understand that you think JW is too expensive, so do I. That's why we have only been staying at CY when I'm in Hong Kong.