FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Targeted AMEX Canada - Spend $500 at Fairmont by 12/31, get $100 AMEX Credit
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:42 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fin 645
My credit has still not posted, and as I suspected, it's because the charges were in two separate postings, one for the prepaid deposit (specifically allowed as a qualifying purchase) and the other the on-site hotel spend. The AMEX agent I spoke to said that the terms should have stated that it all had to be one charge to qualify, but they acknowledge that the terms did not say that, so the credit will need to be handled manually, which they will do. It does, however, seem that you have to contact them to get action.
They are working on it.. and taking action on the spot. And still no posting of your $100 Amex credit.

Seems like more time is wasted trying to get Amex to fulfill their end of the bargain, then its worth.

I ended up not charging my 3rd Amex for the $100 promo. Sometimes maxing out on a deal gets me brain damage. I just don't have the stomach to follow up as diligently as you guys on the $100 credit.