FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3 Carlson properties in Cape Town
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:36 pm
megalab

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Park Inn CPT Dec 2012

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Has anyone stayed at the Park Inn Cape Town? Any comments regarding rooms/service/dining would be appreciated.
I stayed for 6 days in Dec 2012 in a Business Class room, which I found quite spacious and comfortable. I saw into a Standard Room and it looked quite cramped. The service was fine. The breakfast buffet and restaurant food were very good. The restaurant has some outdoor tables but the ground floor view is nothing worth seeing. The upstairs bar view was great, but winds could sometimes make it unpleasant to sit out there. The gym was small but rarely had anyone in it. They gave free passes to the Virgin Gym nearby if you need a pool or better equipment.

The walk to the Convention Center was easy, and even walking to the V&A was pleasant, maybe 15-20 min. Do be aware that ZA drivers do not seem to respect pedestrians so cross streets with great care. There's a bus/transit center a few blocks away that can get you to more far-flung places. They also offer private car service for a fee, which I used to get to Table Mountain and the airport.

For the price it was a very nice stay if you need to be near the Convention Center. While further from it and not as big or luxurious as the Westin, the Park Inn food may have been better, and the WiFi connection was certainly better.