FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:28 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Greetings from sunny California. You'll forgive me please if I respond to these answers from a moving train - to wit, the San Joaquin trundling up the tracks towards Madera as I type.

Originally Posted by jrl22

16. Air France was the launch customer of the A300. What was the second airline to fly the A300?

How about Lufthansa?

A good guess, jrl22, one that I would likely have submitted as well if I hadn't discovered the answer is another, more obscure airline.

20. Name two U.S. airlines in operation before 1990 that operated an all coach fleet and later added a section marketed as Business Class (Not First Class)

I can recall PeoplExpress offering "Premium Class" when they introduced their 747s; perhaps the other was Midwest Express?

I'm pretty sure that while PE's best seating was marketed as "Premium Class", it was an actual First Class service. Midwest Express offered an all Business Class cabin right from the start.

1. This was the only airline serving Westchester County Airport in White Plains, NY. It operated 8 flights on weekdays.

Mohawk, with a mix of FH-227B and BAC-111 service

Alas, it was a different airline, operating a different aircraft. That said, you're close. Very Close.