FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated]: Luggage Tracking Solutions (was: Trakdot to help you track your...)
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:23 am
PaperQueen

Programs: DL Plat, DL SkyClub, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, National Emerald Exec
TrakDot is a total waste

I was an early adopter when TrakDot first released in 2013. Paid for two units, and have regretted it 90% of the time since.

•.There was no mention of the fact you need to insert new batteries for every single trip...and rechargable batteries are strictly prohibited. Between the cost of batteries for frequent travelers and the environmental impact of tossing partially used batteries every time I travel, well...not cool.

•.Tracking is wildly inconsistent. About 10-15% of the time, the alerts came through. The other 85-90% of the time, nothing.

•.Location tracking is even more inconsistent. If I had a nickel for every time the luggage was with me, but the TrakDots claimed it was miles away.....

•.In October, TrakDot owners were sent an email and free FedEx shipping, explaining that major software problems necessitated an update that could only be done by the manufacturer. I sent both of my TrakDots in for the update in early November. As of today, January 27 (2.5 months later), I am still trying to get the units back. Each of my email inquiries has been met with apologies and promises they'll ship the units within 24 hours, overnight, but still, no TrakDots.

If I wanted to make a donation, I'd select a non-profit---not hand $150 to a for-profit company that makes big promises and lousy product.