FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - desert safari in dubai
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:05 pm
DamonA

Originally Posted by YohYohY
I got dragged onto another one of these just before Christmas, some friends found a deal on a Groupon like site.

I have no idea of the company name - based on the latest one and others I've been on, you can expect:

- A short - 15 minute ride in Toyota Landcruiser bashing the dunes - if you get an adventurous driver this can be fun.
- Some offer the chance to visit a camel farm (stand around looking at camels)
- Off to the camp - free soft drinks, everything else is chargeable - they will do the 'sell' on you as you enter the camp.

The latest one had quad bikes, you were only allowed to go around in a circle, no dune bashing.
Food - eat before you go (for the price you pay you're not going to get well fed)
Camel ride - there was a camel, I think it was just used for sitting on to have a picture taken - you are not going to be wandering across the dunes like Lawrence of Arabia.
Entertainment - a couple of belly dance shows, nothing spectacular, but okay. Then (on the one I did the other week) they had a chap that did a 'spinning' show - he basically stood there and spun around, actually impressive stuff.
and then off home - a chaotic pick up process, a short ride across the sand, to a shop to get the tyres pumped up (where the shopkeepers invite you in to have a look around) and off to into town.

I'm fairly sure they run everyday, if not then maybe Friday is the day off. Probably best to find reviews, try Trip Advisor maybe?
This sounds like Arabian Adventures, which is owned by The Emirates Group.