FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1
Old Jan 25, 2014, 1:07 pm
kenn0223

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by jb691809
I know there are a lot of variables, but I'm curious about what more experienced flyers might do in this situation...

I'm flying IAD-DXB on Thursday on a UA 777-200. Here is the current seat map (I know, I know, it may not be accurate.)

I am in Exit Row 33K. Zero chance of upgrade. If this were you, would you keep the exit row and hope that the middle stays open, or move to one of the open widows in 28-30, hoping that those middle seats would be less likely to fill than the exit row?

I guess the question is are the middle rows on economy plus more likely to fill in the exit rows before the other rows? I know this may be impossible to predict and I doubt I'll actually move at this point, but I'm just curious as I gear up for my first ever MR.
It's almost certain that someone will take the middle exit row. Especially once the other open window seats fill up (Exit Row Middle > Std. E+ Seat). I'd say if you want any chance of an open middle seat you should move to one of other open windows.

I'd guess that the middle E+ (non exit row) seats are the last to fill.