FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doubling Down 5 Continent RTW Marathon (EY/SQ/NH/LH F, LA/RJ/LO/OU/SW/SA J +Others)
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:43 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Air Namibia Airbus 319-100 Business Class Seat
That's a pretty impressive recline for a 319!!
plus, I think that's the first real SW trip report on FlyerTalk...
I agree jfkeze, outside of the NH 73G Business Jet, the best recline I've ever seen on a narrowbody.
I think it's the 1st Air Namibia Report, never seen one previously or I couldn't find a detailed one anyway
Well as long as our FT member don't mistaken SW as Southwest

Originally Posted by happymom2008
SHF... Thank you for continuing your marvelous TR. I'm in the wrong occupation. I can only imagine and dream to travel like you do. We both have different occupations. I'm a social worker in the field of aging and illness. I hope one day to travel, and mostly I want to see Europe and trace where my family came from. Mostly Germany, Hungary, and Russia.

I have no miles not status, so I'll be a cash paying customer.

I have thought for a long time switching occupations like a courier, but I live outside of CLE, not on one of the coasts.
Your Welcome happymom2008, still slowly printing/finishing out this HUGE TR
I won't say occupation is the "end all be all of things", yes having some extra spending money really helps.
Firstly, none of us became 200K+ BIS flyer overnight, it certainly took me a long time to get up there.
There are different way to play the game, in fact I think Americans have it good with all of their cc churning availability vs. elsewhere in the world.
Mistake fares, MRs, airlines selling miles are all part of the way to contribute to the goal.
You just need to see which role/method is the right one for you to play, by all means don't leave the kids behind so they have to make their own lunches or take themselves to soccer practice
I don't necessarily believe being in the field you are in restricts your movements, I have alot of friends in those type of fields, youth/child services, therapeutic recreation, most of whom would love to travel and they can find the time.
Sadly it's their better half holding them back lol

And I'll say this, status is nice, but that isn't always necessary.
Better to have a Scareways J reward ticket than buying a United Y ticket and using your Star Gold status if you ask me.
That said I will agree CLE as home will somewhat hold you back just as it was holding me back as a YYZ/BUF person.
Crazily I miss all my American Eagle ERJ-145 flights to ORD/LGA, I had the safety audio memorized lol
And jfkeze can vouch for me on that note

Originally Posted by SFO777

Originally Posted by jfkeze
That's a pretty impressive recline for a 319!!
plus, I think that's the first real SW trip report on FlyerTalk...
+1
Nice cabin and more great pics. And a family J charter. ^
Thanks SFO777, cabin pics came out great, I have the QF 744 F cabin coming up later, took a photo in your honor and memory
And yes, family J or F charter are fantastic, the last time we barely had that was HKG-SIN on a CX 77W F cabin, somebody unknown in 2A, but the 3 of us were in 2D/2K/1K for that flight

Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
Originally Posted by SFO777

+1
Nice cabin and more great pics. And a family J charter. ^
A lot better looking then AA 738 F...
Haha El_Chiflero, AA 738 isn't that bad, probably the worst short-haul J product I've ever flown is the AC 762 J back in Dec 2007.

5 Hours in this crap on YYZ-YVR
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-C...ab8d9366e33ecf

Thankfully this plane has now gone to the scrapyard