FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Admirals Club membership inc. Citi AAdvantage Executive card, 1 Day Pass
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:09 am
scubadu

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nkedel
Authorized users' cards for a 2nd+ person cost nothing.

However, they do not come with Admirals club access; only the primary cardholder gets that (although your wife can come in with you as usual for an individual membership, as long as she's traveling with you.)

There was not, as of when the car was new and I asked, any way to buy up to a "+ spouse" membership.

I don't know if any of the other travel benefits apply to authorized users.
That fact that you cannot even "buy up" a spousal membership is a stunning con of this card and I'm perplexed that this doesn't seem to bother anyone.

I continue to be completely baffled as to why folks who are AA elites and don't need the 10K EQMs to qualify (or who can't drive the spend to obtain those EQMs) choose this card.

People complain about the $450 fee for Amex Platinum, but it actually does offer benefits. This Citi card, for elites, is essentially a "crippled" (i.e. no spouse option) AC membership with really no other benefits, whatsoever.

But, I'll tip my hat to their marketing team; they sure seem to have lassoed a number of folks in this forum.

Regards