FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 "Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes (and What to Do After One)"
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:01 am
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I had last weekend's round of schedule changes hit one of my itineraries for a trip from NYC to SMF in May, resulting in a misconnect in Denver, where I would now be arriving after the connecting flight left. I saw other routings that I could use for rebooking, but I didn't feel like dealing with it right away, so let it go.

Yesterday, I got an email from UA telling me they had rebooked me; when I checked, they dropped SMF completely from my itinerary and I now had a roundtrip to LAX. Luckily, the UA agent I called could see the originally-booked itinerary and rebooked me to SMF.
So you didn't act on a schedule change within 5-6 days and UA "proactively re-booked you"? That's a major for folks who are traveling and don't get a chance to act on a schedule change right away.