FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The BA Compensation Thread: Your guide to Regulation 261/2004
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:05 am
shefgab

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Hi All

First time in this situation and would appreciate some feedback. I was in Club on the BA677 last night from IST to LHR. We all boarded and were then told the plane was tech due to an engine fault which was identified on landing !! Sat on the 767 for over 3 hours with very little in terms of food and drink. Why the hell did they board us in the first place knowing the aircraft was tech !!!

Anyway departure was over 3 hours late. Scheduled at 16:40 but left, according to Flightaware at 20:06. http://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/BAW677

Reading through I guess I am entitled but would like the "Guru's" to confirm prior to sending an online claim to BA.

Many thanks
I was on the same flight last night, also in Club. BA.com says the flight landed at 2209, so 194 minutes late (and just inside the magic 3 hours). I understood that as the flight was on an EU carrier into the EU it would be covered. Let me know how you get on!