FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS flight with at seat power-thoughts
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:07 pm
Westcoaster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I flew on one of these planes yesterday. I think AS should put a card in the seatback pockets with info about the seat power panels. I heard one woman ask if she could now plug into the internet using the new panel so I'm guessing others would benefit from an explanation and a picture that clearly shows what's what. As someone else here mentioned the seat power panel is low and difficult to see. I didn't need to charge anything (I'd topped off my Kindle in the Board Room beforehand) but if I'd needed to there's no way I'd have been able to bend over and see where to plug it in once the man in front of me reclined all the way. Maybe others are more limber than I am. Actually I'm certain that many others are more limber than I.

As for the new interiors my first impression upon boarding was that AS has decided to visually eliminate the concept of a separate First Class cabin. The mock cabin "dividers" hanging between rows 4 and 6 don't really divide anything. They end well above the seat tops so that at seat level rows 4 and 6 are just 2 adjacent rows like any others. To my eye we now have one big cabin with an F section containing wider seats and exit rows with extra leg room. YMMV.

An FA on another flight told me that the FAs don't like the new configuration. One of the reasons given was that the new layout seems to result in even more coach passengers using the front lav. Guess we'll see.

Last edited by Westcoaster; Jan 23, 2014 at 7:36 pm Reason: typos