FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF CBR Dom J Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:57 pm
RichardMEL

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I am not a fan of the sandwich toasters, but I get it is an "enhancement" for the self loading cargo to do more of the self loading of their stomachs, though I can understand toasing your hamd and cheese sanga would be nice, but I don't want to be that slow poke trying to get it all together and figure it out without burning myself I've found a general downguage in the offerings in the past year or so, though the soups do tend to be the hilight and a marvelous chicken lunch dish BNE put on in December.

The CBR J lounge is, I agree, the best in the network. I don't know how full it gets during peak periods for civil servant types and the like, but whenever I've been it has been very nice indeed. One one minor disappointment is the relative small area at the bar. When I was there back on Boxing day there was obviously much interest in the cricket going on, but it's quite narrow area where the bar is with just a couple of tables facing the TV area. Of course you can always take your drink to another part of the lounge, but I did want to stay close by to watch the game and enjoy a coldie.

speaking of catering, whatever happened to the idea of the woodfired pizzas and the like that QF introduced for about 5 minutes when the J lounges first opened? huh? enhanced well away!!