FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Reports: Four Seasons Hualalai, Big Island, HI
Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:29 pm
Kagehitokiri
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ClefsDor
At the adults only pool they were very strict about not reserving chairs for more than 15 minutes outside of 11.30-2.30 where you can leave them vacant.
good to hear

Originally Posted by ClefsDor
We tried to book into Hualalai from the 3rd of Jan but even booking a year in advance we were only able to get accommodation from the 5th – which I believe is the last day of their official festive season.

Beach Tree...Fantastic burgers/pizzas and one of the best gnocchi’s with oxtail ragu I’ve ever eaten...far less expensive (not to mention better quality) than anywhere we dined in Honolulu...Any wine can be purchased by the glass, the carafe or the bottle

as we extended our stay at the last minute we needed to make more dinner reservations. I spoke to the concierge but I was unable to get a table for the 7pm slot we prefer at either the Beach Tree or Ulu on any nights. We had to dine at either 5.30, 6.00 or 8.00pm as she insisted that the restaurants were fully committed. I made the bookings for the times available but on the previous day would go up to the actual restaurant to see if I could change the time to 7.00pm and was able to do so with no problem at all for each night - so that was a little strange.
very informative!

if i understand correctly, your added dinner reservations were 4 > 7 nights in advance?