FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:25 pm
caldrich

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver, HH Diamond.
Suggestion to double-check $109 rate if using Diamond Suite upgrade

I had reserved the $109 rate and confirmed a suite upgrade several weeks ago but when I checked my reservation online, it showed nothing about the suite and DOUBLE the original nightly rate.

I emailed the hotel for clarification and their response was, in part:

"Your concern is definitely valid and I am very happy that you noticed before arriving! It seems that after you applied your Diamond suite upgrade, reservations did an auto update of your rates and they took away the discounted rate. I will certainly honor your previous rate of the 109/night so please do not worry about that. "

I was very pleased with the response and wanted to alert anyone else that has reserved this rate and added a DSU to double-check and contact the hotel in case mine was not an isolated instance.

I really like this hotel a lot and am looking forward to my stay that starts tomorrow!

Originally Posted by file51
Funny thing is, when HGP confirmed our Suite Upgrade, the rate type changed to Hyatt Daily Rate with the following conditions:

Cancellation policy
Cancel By 3pm Est 24 Hours Prior To Arrival

Given we have 2 rooms booked, and they have already charged the credit card on the 2nd room, I am going to shoot them an email just to ensure everything is fine.

I know the reservation is locked in, and the rate is correct, but given we will be travelling some distance, last minute problems are something I like to avoid.

I would rather they charge everything now, so come March, everything is already taken care of.