FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F seat poached by disabled passenger
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:34 pm
AndyPatterson

Originally Posted by Flyer420
Do not take this post to be a blanket 'smear' on travelers from the subcontinent, it is not so intended.

That said, I have observed in recent years on EWR-BOM flights, an exponential growth of pax "requiring" wheel chairs. In the past, this
seemed to allow them early boarding, but on my last two flights, the GAs waited until the regular boarding was completed to do the wheel chair loads. Was this just a fluke? I don't know. Are some GAs at EWR a trifle cynical? Is the pope a Catholic?

The interesting thing (and maybe karma does come into this??) was that on arriving Mumbai, several of the pax who had required wheel chairs at EWR were now able to walk briskly down the long passageways to immigration and customs. Maybe there is a healing property afforded by travelling in a UA 777 for 15 hours...

The FA's call the flights from NY/DC to Fort Lauderdale the "resurrection" flights since so many of the passengers "need" wheelchairs on departure to get to the head of the security line and to board early. But, upon arriving at Fort Lauderdale, they are all miraculously healed. Glad to know that the EWR-BOM has joined the roster of the "resurrection flights"!

Flyer 420
in the fog in Seattle
The FA's call the flights from New York/DC/Boston to Fort Lauderdale the "resurrection" flights since so many passengers "need" a wheelchair to get to the head of the security line, and to board before everyone else does. Yet, upon arrival at FLL, they are all miraculously "healed" and walk off the plane without needing assistance. Glad to know that EWR-BOM has joined the roster of the resurrection flights!