FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Busted, Uh... Roll of honor for busted Plats
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:44 am
LiviLion

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by LiviLion
Been downgraded to gold despite having got the new card and letter confirming my status in 2014 as platinum. The letter has long since been recycled.

I've got an email conversation going with IHG at the moment requesting I get my platinum status back, waiting to hear back from them.

I was only about 6k points short of earning platinum so would have got that it I hadn't got the letter.

I've been a platinum since 2006 with probably in the region of 550+ nights in those 8 years. Whilst not as high as some on here it's still a lot.
So, I wrote back saying I don't have the letter anymore but explained I had received it and how I wouldn't have let my membership drop by only being a few thousand points short.

Got a mail back today confirming I have been reinstated at platinum which has been actioned already.

Happy that this was dealt with pretty quickly. I imagine the letter issue has been circulated to the supervisors @ IHG now so hopefully you can get a quick resolution like I did.