FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Mustika Jogyakarta / Jogjakarta / Yogyakarta, Java Indonesia [Master Thread]
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:01 pm
hirohito888

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by PeterHK1981
9. We are both Starwood Gold members. As far as I know, we should have recieved an upgade. We didn't and that was fine but...there are preffered guest rooms in the hotel and even though we booked the room in September (for our end of December visit) we were not given a preffered room.
As far as I'm concerned, this was enough to ruin Starwood properties for me. I will never again stay at one of their hotels, nor will I spend a dime on anything in one of their locations.

I've stayed at many hotels all over Asia. I've had good experiences and bad ones. This is the first time I'm posting on trip advisor because my experience with this hotel was really that bad.
Ehh, I guess welcome to Flyertalk? And your posts on 3 different threads complaining about this hotel....

To be fair, I also stayed at this hotel over the holidays and I wasn't overwhelmed by this property either. But given that I paid somewhere around USD100/night, I had pretty low expectations as well.

I had my own issues, where the rooms were kinda old and dingy and the staff took forever to check-in and check-out. But overall, for this part of Jogja and for what you're paying, I wouldn't expect anything outstanding.

As for the restaurant, I avoided the buffet which clearly didn't look appealing. The food from the menu was fine, over-priced but tasted fine.

I found the concierge very helpful in arranging things for me as well as for other guests. The lounge, despite being small and limited, also had wonderful staff.

And for being Starwood Gold since 2009, did this one stay at this hotel really dissuade you from staying at all Starwoods in the future I assume from the 5 years of SPG Gold, you must have had some good experiences...