FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff <> Lufthansa IRREG Interview
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:34 am
N1003U

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by oliver2002
...Only if there is concrete danger of missing the connection the station may decide to rebook and waive the charges...
This sounds to me like a bit of flexibility to make re-booking happen if there is a willingness to do so.

...In all other cases the original fare conditions of the ticket apply...
On the other hand, it looks like that flexibility can vaporize in milliseconds if the willingness is not there, so I suppose it pays to tread lightly when requesting accommodation on a tight connection.@:-)

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
...there are more than a few good souls at LH who will override this and put you on the earlier flight if there is space and if you have hand luggage only...
I only rarely have connections on LH (since I mostly O&D from/to FRA), but I encountered one of those good souls last year. She booked me onto a flight I had to run for, and I sat next to the door to the lavatory at the back of an A321, but I arrived early enough in FRA to make my connection, while my original flight missed the last connection of the night.