FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel (was Sheraton) Bulgaria [Master Thread]
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:11 am
skrosvik

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
AC = I sleep with the windows open here to avoid warm and dry air.
shower = agree, very small.
soap/shampoo = they seem to be brand standard in LC hotels now. I have seen the same brand in Des Indes in Hague and in Hotel Elephant in Weimar recently.
housekeeping = it's ok, would do the Green Choice if possible.
wifi = it's ok.

The executive lounge is a big plus, always stocked with hot and cold drinks. Complimentary beer and wine as well. You can take your drink to the room as well

I have heard from my friends in Sofia that they have removed the Sheraton name and signs. I checked their own website, and yes - they have removed the Sheraton name entirely. But on the SPG website and on my future bookings it still says Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan - A Luxury Collection Hotel.

I just hope they will keep the executive lounge, as there are not that many LC hotels that actually have a lounge. It is always great to grab a beer or a glass of wine before going out. For me, the executive lounge, is actually an asset. Not like in US where you have to pay dollars to have a lukewarm beer in a dull club lounge, served by a dragon.

The company that operates the hotel seems to be the same one that operates the Grande Bretagne in Athens and Hotel Metropole in Belgrade All LC's.