FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stay report: The Siam hotel (Bangkok)
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:52 pm
Larkin

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
I'm still trying to decide between the Siam and the MO for our upcoming stay. I'm tending towards the Siam just because we want to spend some of each day in the sun by the pool getting over jetlag prior to heading to Vietnam and my impression is that the pools at the MO are unimpressive. We have been to Bangkok before and seen most of the sights and have 3 nights there. Is this the wrong decision?
For this purpose I think perfect! The shuttle boat to the pier closer to central bangkok we found great for one evening ( about 30 min and quite pleasant)but personally would not want to do it all the time as for most of the great restaurants it is still another 30 min taxi. Taxi back to the Siam after dinner not bad if on the later side after the traffic dies down. 9:30 or 10, but don't plan on an early dinner as at those times could take you 90 min +. We loved the spa and the food was very good so for 1-2 nights if you have been often to BKK is great! Just not wild about the location if you want to spend time in town. Pool is small but very nice. Not much shade but if you want lots of sun perfect. MO pools quite crowded. IMO best pool is Peninsula. But spa, service and food terrific!