FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff <> Lufthansa IRREG Interview
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:00 pm
weero

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
..Perhaps I have some weero status after all ?
I wonder how my future as UA*G aboard LH will be? Maybe it is less of a stigma than SEN--?

I usually don't value input from spokespersons much but this one makes some interesting claims whose limitations will be adventurous to explore. The IRROP online re-booking option including train options sounds indeed like a progress. Ignoring the difficulty to get Internet access when you are landside in a congested airport, I wonder what the traps will be.
Given the website experience, I am confident that this system will also not work within the limits of usability but of course I will see that this or next winter. My prejudice tells me that it will insist on the same booking class, will not offer other carriers, not offer other routings, and also suffer from overload conditions like its brethren.

Also interesting comments regarding using earlier feeders in adverse weather conditions and the hidden admission that LH has prevented pax from doing so in the past.
It also begs the question how this should then work if entire large stations such as ZRH are entirely cut off from accessing the LH IT systems. But again these things needs to be experienced even though I am very confident in what the outcome will be ...