FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EVA Air Royal Laurel Experience Take Two: HKG-TPE-YYZ
Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:31 pm
btang

Programs: CX SL, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Smile Taipei Connection

By the time doors were opened and business class passengers were invited to leave the aircraft first, BR 870 was twenty minutes later than scheduled. No matter, I had preemptively booked the flight so I would have a long enough connection that can accommodate a moderate delay. I have flown three EVA Air flights thus far, and so far the track record is 3/3 for numbers of flights delayed. Are you getting this EVA?

First order of business was a proper visit to the EVA Air lounge. On the outbound flight, the whole delay affair left me literally too occupied to take photos or even care too much about the report. This time, I had one and a half hours to explore the lounge.

I like how they're selling EVA green colored Rimowa luggage at the entrance.

I probably mentioned this before, but I don’t really like the décor of the lounge. It’s an eclectic cross between an eighties disco lounge and a HP business center. What is it with the Taiwanese and neon lights? Is this supposed to remind the older generation of the glorious days past? Or is it really a secret fetish that Taiwanese people have, because I did also see neon lights wrapping around the sign of a computer area near one of the gates.

Anyways enough about that, back to the review. I really like the showers. Period. The weird names assigned to the four showers really don’t do them justice, because the water pressure is good and they are fully equipped with Harnn products, which smell like Thailand, my de facto second home.

You can't open the door from inside without pressing this button.

The food area was also rather nice, with a wide variety of Chinese dishes and even a hot dog machine. Thumbs up to that!

I wasn’t especially hungry so I just got a glass of water and sat at one of the workstations to work on this trip report. No surprise, a rather serious voice came over the PA and announced that my flight to Toronto was delayed due to, wait for it…… late incoming aircraft. Thank you EVA. The track record is now 4/4 delays.

The gate area was completely jam packed when I arrived, but luckily the wait was not too long. Also, because there were not too many business class passengers, I was able to board relatively quickly.

Last edited by btang; Jan 19, 2014 at 12:18 am