FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EVA Air Royal Laurel Experience Take Two: HKG-TPE-YYZ
Old Jan 18, 2014, 4:20 am
btang

Programs: CX SL, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Smile Royal Laurel Class BR 870 HKG-TPE

When BR 870 was ready for boarding, business class passengers were invited to board first, along with the usual priority boarding for Star Gold passengers. The line was really long, and so I took a seat near the gate area until the crowd more or less cleared out. The economy line was also very long, judging from the size, this was to be a rather full flight.

I was welcomed onboard by one of the cheerful flight attendants, and led to my seat 1K. Orange juice and water were offered, to which I chose water. Soon, another FA came around and distributed the menu, seeing as she was having trouble making out my last name, I just spoke to her in Mandarin, more chance for me to practice, why not?

The cabin was already showing wear and tear

The flight time today was approximately one hour and ten minutes, ultimately incurring a fifteen-minute delay because of the late arrival of the aircraft. The crew wasted no time to try to get doors closed as soon as possible, and push back at 4:07 p.m.

Taxi was short and we reached our cruising altitude relatively quickly. The crew sprang up to prepare the meal served on this flight. None of the main course on this flight really interested me, and so I decided just to have the appetizer tray so I could have a few pieces of my favorite garlic bread. I decided on the Heineken to accompany the meal, saving my champagne quota for the Dom on the next flight.

As I was quite awake, I decided to check out the movie selection, which was rather extensive and covers both Asian and Western favorites. However, I didn’t have time to finish an entire movie, and so I just chose to listen to some of will.i.am’s new singles.

We began our initial descent around 20 minutes before landing, and because of the thick clouds, the landing was quite bumpy.