FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Targeted AMEX Canada - Spend $500 at Fairmont by 12/31, get $100 AMEX Credit
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:36 pm
painintheuk

Originally Posted by painintheuk
Another call today. The message on my file was apparently the wording from the promo. The agent asked if I stayed at Raffles (which was the name on the charge since they manage the hotel).

She resent the request and said that if the credit did not show up next week I should ask for a supervisor.

Dr. PITUK
Yet another call today and still no luck. Apparently there is a note on my file saying that the payment comes up to 8 weeks after the end of the promo and that everybody would get paid at the same time. When I pointed out that others had received it and I read out the t&c which clearly say that it is 8 weeks after the qualifying purchase they said I was wrong and apologized.

I guess I'll call back again in 6 weeks.

On the plus side (though unrelated) I'm using my new Plat status for 2 nights (1 free, 1 FHR) at the Fairmont Pacific Rim next month with Mrs. PITUK. There's no suites to upgrade to, but a room upgrade, free dinner and free spa treatment at what is supposed to be a great hotel will be fun!

Dr. PITUK