FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Booking Troubles
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:17 am
hennaLisa

AA Booking Troubles

I am preparing to take my family of four to Bali on miles (our first award flight using AA miles). When we booked over the phone, the agent said something like, "and of course the $25 fee is waived since you can't book this online." She helped us select seats for each leg and took my credit card for the taxes and fees.

This was Sunday. On Tuesday, I received an e-mail to call them. Found out that Cathay Pacific didn't have one of the seats AA thought they had, or it was booked incorrectly. (It had showed up in BA search and I had it on hold for a few days before purchasing.) My daughter was split off from our reservation and we were left waiting to see if Cathay would approve giving her an award seat. We all lost our seat selections.

A few days later, it came back approved and we reselected seats. The agent told us that we will need to personally call JAL and Cathay to see if we can get the seats we selected.

Is this normally how it goes? It feels quite pieced together and I'm wondering if we will actually have seats when we arrive at the airport.

While we were waiting to hear back, my husband hatched the plan that we should change our dates for another five days out when availability looks like it is better. He got into that idea and now wants me to switch. Can I do that? It seems like too much of a mess!