FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated: Rules for Open Jaw & Stopover Award Flights [2014]
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:44 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kt123
I'm trying to book this award ticket:
RDU-SFO-TPE (stopover)
TPE-HKG (destination)
HKG-PEK-IAD-RDU

I've managed to get everything to price out except the HKG-IAD-RDU portion. I can see available flights on HKG-PEK-IAD and for IAD-RDU (when I search for them separately). But, for some reason, if I search HKG-RDU (either as part of my itinerary, or as a one-way) I get an error on the website. Is this itinerary not valid for some reason? It's not an overly complicated itinerary, and it seems like I'm within the segment limit too. Is the website just not smart enough to piece things together? Generally speaking, if I can find availability as one-ways, then the phone agents should have no trouble linking those together into a single booking, right?
You're Plat. Just call it in. It's legal. Don't mess around with two one-ways. If you want to start with an on-line booking, book what you can on a single itinerary then call to add additional flights.