FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] TSA Pre-Check / PreCheck Known Traveler program for AA FFs
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:05 pm
JIMCHI

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by canyonleo
> NoS is SO fast I just don't understand why every Pre-Check traveler wouldn't want it.

We're all against terrorism, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't allow "authorities" to search homes without a warrant.

We're all against crime, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't allow one's vehicle to be searched if one has nothing to hide.

Some people just believe the NoS is invasive and against our rights. Just because the courts haven't (yet) agreed with the same some people doesn't mean it's not true (see internment of American Citizens of Japanese ethnicity in 1940s... See Lincoln's jailing of American Citizens without due process in 1860s... see the NDAA Act of 2012, Section 1021...).
I have nothing to hide. I'm not paranoid. I'm not a Tea Party member who thinks most everything government does violates my rights. So perhaps those with such strong feelings should request the WTMD or just travel by other means. Those of us who prefer the simplicity of the NoS should be able to select it. Then everyone should be happy, except those who think any type of security screening is a gross violation of their so-called rights.