FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Forgot to Charge Me
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2014, 5:47 pm
treston11

Follow-Up

#1: First off, thank you to everyone who responded to my post. You guys (or girls) or great, and this site is a great community. I hope to be a long-standing member and contribute just like you have for me.

#2: I took a lot of the suggestions mentioned in your posts. I had a talk with the GM about the two incidents. I was informed that I could either receive a $100 credit or points for the inconvenience of this

#3: The hotel is the Tampa Marriott Airport. However, I would not discourage people from visiting this hotel due to my story. Other than these two mishaps, I could not be happier with the customer service at the property. Everyone who works there is enthusiastic and goes out of their way to make sure you have a pleasant experience (unless of course, I guess if its related to a financial matter). But to give you an example, I used to fly with a cooler of home-cooked meals each week....and I stored them in a fridge which was broken (the power shut randomly). All of my food went bad, and I let the front desk know (they just said "sorry"), but I told the GM, and he credited me a free suite in Philadelphia that weekend for my inconvenience and loss.

#4: I contacted my company and they informed me that I would be able to expense the charges, as long as the hotel provides a new invoice statement - as many of you have mentioned.

#5: Question: How many points do you think is equivalent to a $100 credit?