FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:39 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dennycrane1
Hi Scubbacr,

Thanks for that. I'm still a bit confused though, because as you say - the ota must bill in the same currency "quoted" on IHG (which I think I'm right in saying must be the currency at the final screen before booking on the ihg website?). In this case, the currency quoted by IHG is Euros (and the ota bills in euros), but I'm not certain what IHG actually bills in here (and whether this would make a difference to a brg).

In the Bucharest example, do you happen to know whether Euros or RON are billed by ihg when booking an advance nonrefundable rate?

Thanks again!
Doesn't matter what hotel bills your IHG.COM reservations CC card at either in advance on ADR or at hotel for flex.

For BRG purposes, only displayed currency on IHG.COM when searching and making a reservation matters when matching to an OTA currency.

PS
fyi in my IC Bucharest Example, the IC hotel charges credit cards in RON, despite the email reservation being in Euro. IC Bucharest converts eg 100Euro to 450Ron, then invoices you for 450Ron.
For Romania it is a legal requirement to bill in local RON currency. In fact I can pay (and have) bill in cash, either RON or EUROs, but after knockin nn RON off total, they will convert my Euro->RON for the remainder of the bill.

(As an aside, by Romanian Law, Hotel can only accept RON+EURO, they can't accept eg GBP, as a license is needed... found out can't use GBP cash my new year stay)

EG IHG.COM reservation in Euro, IC Bucharest convert to Euro->Ron, and bill my UK CC card in GBP
(I just see RON and GBP, not the Euro equivalent on my CC statement, a real pain )
eg my CC shows £105.40 (566RON at ex-rate 5.21 ) thats about 130Euro

SO.... IHG.COM reservation in Euro,
IC Bucharest convert to Euro->Ron for Billing, and bill RON to my UK CC card which then shows up as GBP on my CC statement Debit line below.

Fin: COMP HOTELIERA INTER R,BD ,BUCUREST 566.38 RON XR 5.217688 GBP £105.40

Last edited by scubaccr; Jan 15, 2014 at 3:44 pm