FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norway in a Nutshell - Questions
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:52 pm
OskiBear

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Norway in a Nutshell - Questions

I've read up on the threads here which have been enormously helpful. I think I'm down to a few questions that I hope the community can assist with:

I'm planning on being in Norway for only a few days and want to maximize the experience (skipping Sweden to do Norway for more than a day).

My option right now is to arrive Oslo at 8pm or Bergen at 12am.

The Bergen option seems very tidy because then I'd hop on the Norway in a Nutshell trip/tour the next morning and end up in Oslo that night. I don't have to leave Oslo until 9pm the following evening.

However, a midnight arrival and early morning departure does seem tiring and I'm not excited about lugging my luggage on the trip.

If I arrive Oslo instead and start the tour there, I'll have a better night's sleep and can leave my bags in Oslo. The downside is a return to Oslo on the night train or via a flight the next day. Ideally, maybe break in the middle to have more time to explore? I'm just a bit paranoid so I do want to get to Oslo in plenty of time for my flight out

Is there a better direction in which to do the trip? I'll be there the first week of September.

Many thanks!