FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World cup accommodation/camping
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:46 am
davebritton92

World cup accommodation/camping

I have posted this as a reply on another thread but thought I get more of an answer here with a new one...

I am going to base myself in Rio for the whole of the world cup. I've traveled in Brazil a bit before so am not fussed about "doing the tourist thing." I wanted to catch an England game but that won't be happening now with the draw and where England are playing. I am not paying silly money to fly to Belo Horizonte and neither am I doing any more 7 hour bus journeys...

I've found a campsite, that is about an hour from Copacabana called World Cup Camping Rio. They are in Recreio, which is a nice area itself. Only charging £35 pppn.

Do any of our members here know anything about them? I found a press release they let out over the weekend and their parent company seems legit... I will wait till the end of this week and then book. Camping sounds fun, pool etc and better than being rammed into a tiny room with 9 beds, and one meter space for everyone, which most hostels have.

The hostels all seem to have set packages as well now, like they do for Carnival when the prices rocket and the standards go down... Not a surprise really.

Right, thanks in advance folks. And if no-one knows anything about these guys, but has alternatives????