FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone flown to ULN? What route did you take?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:55 am
laura711

Originally Posted by dj_jay_smith
When I went to Mongolia then I did go by train!

Colleagues have flown either via Moscow or Berlin with MIAT. Although Berlin is stopping and is changing to Frankfurt from the end of March.

From what I recall from my trip, the Mongolians don't like the Chinese so much (historical reasons) so connections to/from China are limited. But I think there are good connections to Tokyo (although a long way round).
Thanks dj_jay_smith - I would have been happy to fly via Moscow and Berlin (rather than flying further East and flying backwards again), except for the fact I'm probably going to book it as a reward booking, and I don't think either of those airlines are OW partners (or are they?). When I search on BA, they are usually quite good at showing where their partner airlines have availability, but when I search ULN, it just comes up saying that they don't fly this route.

P.S. - shouldn't the chinese dislike the Mongolians, given it was the Mongolians that invaded China...?!

Corporate Wage Slave - thanks for your tips. I will probably end up flying Air China (using cash) and (grudgingly) pay the c.£400k! I'll monitor prices as it comes closer to the time as I know certainly that for internal flights it fluctuates wildly depending on the time of booking...