FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone flown to ULN? What route did you take?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:31 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by laura711
. How did you find it? Do let me know if you have any tour recommendations.
I went there on business, and I was on my own, but I was able to do sightseeing as an individual, and there are plenty of older German couples who seem to be independent travellers there. My particular interest was horse riding, which I was able to do there. They are horse mad there and they were very interested in photos of my horses.

I flew into ULN with Air China, which is part of Star Alliance, so I don't know if you can research into leveraging Miles and More for this, though I seem to recall it's not an easy one for redemptions (in other words Air China enjoy making money on this route). As you say PEK is relatively wide open for availability, and so in Chengdu, though that isn't geographically helpful.