FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Univision Prepaid Mastercard from Safeway/Vons
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:20 pm
mile ho

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by nayrb3
I just got back from Safeway as I was returning a redbox movie there, so I thought I'd pickup a Univision Mastercard. I was able to buy it no problem, $2.48 came off instantly as expected. As a side note, was pleasantly surprised to see that I also earned 1000 fuel points for the purchase as well, enough for $1 off of my next 25 gallon fill up tomorrow morning, or $25 saved. Whenever I buy other visa, mc, or amex gc's there, I never earn fuel points. These may replace the gc's I had been buying since they also earn fuel points, plus they are are $1 cheaper per card.

I checked on the paypower visa gift card from the circular. The packaging of the card says cash only and my cashiers are sticklers for that, so I was unsuccessful. They have had this promo in the past and I now remember why I was unable to take advantage of it. Good luck to anyone else whose cashiers don't care, hopefully you have success and are able to scale before the deal ends.
If the Univision earns fuel points then I'll buy a few. That's great news! Thanks.