FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New earning Booking classes on Czech Airlines
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:54 pm
prgboy

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Lounge Key
CSA OKPLUS Program changes since 2014

Hello:

I agree that booking on CSA site may be quite confusing. There is no straightforward way to tell WHAT EXACTLY booking class you are booking into. An agent on the telephone told me he can what LETTER will I find the booking in (which is exactly what I was interested in!) if I tell him what price the system quotes for me. HA! It is so much easier to book with a different airline even if it is operated by CSA.

I have been wondering whether there will be any updates to the program since January 2014. I see it possible that the company now realizes that too many people have been scared away. I imagine as February comes (the validity of 2013 cards), the airline's loyalty systems will see the numbers drop.

I just realized I made over 45 segments in 2013, only 3 of them were marketed and operated by OK, 3 of which earned ZERO miles to me. There are some positive news, though. Since I am also registered in the corporate program, I have received an e-mail saying they will recognize the benefits for companies again. Also, I found the same in the NEWS section after logging into your profile:

- They are RETURNING to the double crediting miles, for personal traveling (OK PLUS) AND a corporate program (in OK Plus Corporate)

- Discounting the overweight charges

- Crediting more miles (80 % vs. 50% for the G - group tickets)

Not that these changes make much difference, but at least they are not continuing the (expected) negative trend.

Last edited by prgboy; Jan 10, 2014 at 8:22 pm Reason: Inserting the answer into the right forum