FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extra Seat Given to Another Passenger: IDB?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 4:10 pm
fastair

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by 1KPath
station manager stating that the GA violated a number of rules/standards and that said agent was no longer employed by UA.
Wow! It's been against UA policy for as long as I can remember to discuss actual employee discipline with customers. I mean if an employer is afraid of stating anything more than "This person did work here then" to another potential employeer for fear of a lawsuit, don't you think this station manager is opening him/herself and UAL corp for some serious actions by this former employee? It would be pretty ironic if he/she (former employee) hired your wife to represent him against UAL. You could REALLY clean up then!

I'm asssuming that station manager was at least implying that the fact the former employee is no longer working is a result of the incident. Abscent that, I think it is still inappropriate for UAL corp (and a station manager of a hub is a VP level position) officer to be discussing the employment history of any of his/her employees to anyone outside of UAL without consent. But that's just me...an advocate for individual rights extending to the workplace!