FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO Board Room now closed eff. June 2014--see separate thread re: CX lounge access
Old Jan 10, 2014, 3:52 pm
makfan

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by pdxray
This is a great point. SFO has more than its share of delays. There really should be a lounge option.
I've had people argue that they don't care about a lounge at their originating airport, because they like to time it to get through security just minutes before boarding begins. But SFO delays are often creeping and not posted until fairly close to boarding time. (I try to look at the inbound aircraft and predict delays, but really just prefer to go to the airport and stake out a spot in the lounge in case I need to rework a connecting flight or something.)

I always use the lounge at the originating airport; sometimes connections are too tight to make it worthwhile to use the lounge (here's looking at you, SEA N gates).

Yeah, the A concourse will be nicer than the B concourse in terms of food and shopping, but I understand there is no PreCheck at the A checkpoint. I am so over the scanner/pat down that it may push me to UA non-stops for my YVR trips.

By the way, the language on the Alaska Boardroom page indicates that we already have access to any Delta Sky Club if we have a same-day boarding pass for either AS or DL. I'm not sure they would need to make special arrangements (although perhaps there are i's to dot and t's to cross since DL might see much more traffic after the BR closes at SFO). There are two DL SkyClubs (currently) at SFO. The domestic one is pre-security, I believe, and will surely be impacted by T1 construction plans at some point. It's also a hike from there to the A security checkpoint and the train doesn't really save that much time because the train station is itself a hike from the DL pier. The A club is post-security but I understand its future is uncertain due to DL planned service cuts.

My membership is up at the end of March, so much to consider over the next 90 days.

Last edited by makfan; Jan 10, 2014 at 4:06 pm Reason: Add DL info