FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extra Seat Given to Another Passenger: IDB?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 3:48 pm
fastair

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
doesn't explain the seating shenanigans. They took the window or aisle, extra seat was a middle.
/agree, but between what actually happened and what the OP who wasn't even there saw and posted could be not 100% accurate (is your wife's testimony, told to you and then posted on the internet considered reliable in a court?)

She may have believed all 3 were scanned, but there is no way to 100% be certain that all 3 were scanned based on heresay testimony after the fact. It may be looking like I am grasping at straws here, but I've seen it a zillion times (myself included as to making errors) where a customer has multiple boarding passes, mulitple people and one doesn't get scanned. Add to that the fact that there are not the same number of boarding passes as customers and the likelyhood of 1 not getting scanned (especially when 1 isn't carrying a cello or is of considerable size) increases.

OP, If you are with your wife, did she make it very clear upon boarding to the agent that they have (3) uniques seats for the 2 of you and that they need to scan all 3?

Heck, parties of 3 often hand me 9 boarding passes, 1 for each of inbound flight, current flight, and next flight. If I get 3 "good beeps" out of the gate reader, I consider it a success!