FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Updates to Delta Sky Club membership Options
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:03 am
plagwate

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by oh912flyer
Do you seriously want to go there on a flyertalk message board?

How about you put yourselves in our shoes for a moment?

My wife and I travel over 200,000 miles a year on DL. We travel with our kids at most once a year, during which we frequent the lounge. Our alternative is to have them out there with the unwashed masses while we're in an over-crowded restaurant or food court where some creepy dude can stare at them from a distance (or wait.. maybe that's you in the club? ).
Hurling insults doesn't make your case any better. (Also, it's a violation of FT TOS). Besides, I gave up on the SkyClub years ago so you won't be finding me in there.

So no, you're not subsidizing anything, we more than pay DL through several tens of thousands of $$$ on flights (we both fly F all the time) for that once a year trip with the kids.
You pay for transport which Delta provides. You consume more so rightly you should pay more. Or do you expect a price break on your flights too?

We almost certainly spend more with DL than 99% of the people on this board, so take your condescending attitude and ...
Condescending attitude? Yeah, right.