FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to spending Avios [Beta]
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:49 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by jmr851
Hello again and thank you for the previous responses/help, we greatly appreciate it. So, again we had issues between booking online and over the phone. BA has different availabilities over the phone Vs. online. Long story short is my wife and I want to travel to LHR from SFO anytime between 11/21/2014 and 12/03/2014 in First Class using a combo of Avios and a "Travel Together Pass" that we have from our Chase Visa. I have booked and purchased (but have 24hrs to cancel) the only thing we could find which was departing on 11/25/2014 and returning 12/03/2014. The only issue is the return leg. The leg there is SFO-LHR First Class (Flight # 284). The leg back is LHR-ORD (Flight# 297) and then we are on our own to get back to SFO. Should I cancel this reservation and wait for something to become available in first that will get us there and back without ending in ORD or am I lucky to have this leg and should I keep it? I am not real familiar with reward travel so that I would put it out there to the community and see what the verdict is. Again, we truly appreciate all of your help and opinions.
Better to book what you can now, as it can be changed later.
If you wait, your outbound SFO-LHR will likely disappear.

Originally Posted by actuate
I am not sure as to how can I transfer my British Airways avios to other airlines?

Any pointers would be appreciated.
You can use BA avios to book any oneworld or BA partner award, you need to book through BA (either on the website or over the phone).

Originally Posted by agp423
Can I not search for one way awards on QF website? Do I have to do RT? Also, I can't seem to search for CX award on QF...
You can use the QF website to search for oneway awards. It will show any CX availability also.

Also search by segment, so if you are trying to find for example LHR-SIN on CX (via HKG) search for LHR-HKG and HKG-SIN individually.