FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Faulty pre-flight safety announcments on 737-800
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:51 pm
JohnMacWW

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Faulty pre-flight safety announcments on 737-800

On a flight from SFO to LAX this week (737-800) I was in First with my BOSE QC-15 headphones plugged into the direct TV, watching something. I noticesD the FAs taking the "positions" associated with doing the pre-flight safety announcements. I pulled one earphone off my ear and realized that the speakers were broadcasting the United advertisement followed by the safety video...except there was no video and the audio did not take over the direct TV feed. So we really got no safety training.
When we got to LA I asked a guy who had sat in economy plus if they had gotten the safety video audio in coach. He said no, that everyone was just kind of smiling and enjoying it.
So I guess they the AV file "played" but did not jump over into the seat mounted entertainment system, and instead only played audio on the speakers. Weird. I was surprised that no FA noticed, nor bothered to look at a video screen on someone seat back. I guess they are used to everyone tuning it all out anyways.