FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion for Ws: Club Lounge - W Style
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:47 am
ZenWorld

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Suggestion for Ws: Club Lounge - W Style

W brand is probably one of the most unique creation in Starwood, and it is a brand that most of the other major chains do not have an answer to (at the moment) in my opinion.

But unfortunately, Ws do not have a club lounge (except for W Guangzhou I understand, but I have not been there - anyone can give more in-depth review of the club lounge there?), and that I thought is quite a drawback.

I believe if there is a club lounge for W, it will be quite different from the other SPG club lounges, as in-line with the W brand, it would be a place to hang out till late. I would really love the idea to chill in a club lounge till 2am, with discounted paid alcoholic drinks (non-alcoholic to be still complimentary) after happy hours (happy hours to still have alcoholic drinks complimentary) to late night closing or 24 hrs, and the idea of the club lounge is exclusivity (and probably with a good view and finishings of a W branded lounge) and only hotel guests could enjoy. This takes the stay at W to another level.

Right now, while I like the interior of most Ws, the lack of club lounge is keeping me away from an extended stay. When in a Westin/Le Meridien/Sheraton with a club lounge, should I need any help, I could sit in the lounge and wait for the staff to assist. In Ws, I have to stand and Q and wait to speak to the concierge. (At least in St Regis, there is the butler service) And somehow, the concierge is always very busy in the Ws I stayed.
Of course, cocktail hours is always nice in a Club Lounge.

Given that Ws rates are often higher than Westin/Le Meridien/Sheraton, I think Club Lounge should not be too difficult to upkeep.

And I would like W Club Lounges to close really late, like maybe 2am at least. (in line with the W brand) Preferably even later if not 24 hours. (and not like some Sheratons that operate from 5-9pm! - Sheraton Osaka! )

Anyone else in favor of W having Club Lounges?

Just for friendly discussion. Maybe if there is enough support, Lurkers can feedback to the senior management.