FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Old Town {TUR}
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:40 am
oziman

Programs: Loyalty? I go where the points and status are!
Originally Posted by crazypalooza
BotB, great pictures, thank you. Anyone that used xfers in the last few months have any updates on if they were happy/worthwhile and if they'd recommend them? thanks.
Just came back from over New Year's so I can recommend Efendi Travel We used them for various different parties to the airports, the prices are good, the vans spacious, but the drivers really speak NO english.

Originally Posted by docbert
I was just about to book a 5 night stay here, when I found a report on Tripadvisor - confirmed by the GM of the hotel - that "According to our Hotel policy and in terms of hygiene, it is not allowed to bring fast foods and hot foods from outside to the Hotel for your health & safety."

I've certainly never come across a hotel anywhere else in the world here you weren't allowed to take food into your own room. Is this standard for hotels in Turkey, or a one off?
Honestly - I didn't notice this and they didn't seem to enforce it YMMV

IMO, great hotel, fantastic recognition of Elites, very helpful, some minor infrastructure issues (one A/C didn't work, crossed phone lines, broken printer) but nothing major.