FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Phuket REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:50 am
Football Fan

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Looking forward to it!

Where did the pictures of the dead mouse go or did some other animal pick it up overnight?
The GM came up to us today and we had a very friendly conversation. I felt a bit bad about it because it apparently made some waves (not the mouse, which is dead, but the post ).

I also didn't want anyone to get in trouble because they accidentally led us to a room that was still being worked on, so I removed the pic of the broken loo as well - stuff happens and I think these two pics gave a worse impression of the hotel than it deserves.

We are quite enjoying our stay, despite some service hiccups.

Again, everyone is very friendly, from service employees to management, and that does make a big difference.

I fully understand that it is not an easy job to open a hotel here, with all the dealings with authorities and land owners, etc. etc., and management has to work with what they have, they can't "make a beach" right in front of the hotel and if it's steep, it's steep.

But I did have the impression that the GM is sincerely committed to making things work, especially for Diamond members, and is taking the feedback seriously. And they are trying to find a solution regarding the beach (I guess a shuttle to some nice beach nearby.) Let's see what the resort comes up with in the near future. Maybe they will even respond here?

I do think that the hotel should not be a cat. 4, e.g. compared to the hotels in Bali. Even with cash and points, it feels like a lot of points for this property.

But as I said, we are having a good time at this hotel - the point of my posts was not to complain or be overly critical, just to give fellow Flyertalkers an idea of how the property compares to some of the other options we have.

Going to the happy hour in a few minutes!

Last edited by Football Fan; Jan 9, 2014 at 6:13 pm