FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Queue to Join at Airport Arrival in the U.K.?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:04 pm
FlyingHoustonian

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by stifle
Her Italian ID card will be absolutely fine on its own in the EU queue.
Thanks everyone for the replies. It is good to have that confirmed.

For some reason I was getting paranoid that coming from North America would make the process/questions different.

I always enter on my Italian ID (as did she once) when flying from the EU but when flying eastbound I have just always shown my Italian or American passport out of habit. I might give the ID card a try next time just because I can LOL.

I got stopped at T4 once when they had the random exit controls working and showed my American passport, as I was flying to America, but my Italian ID card fell out of my wallet and the agent had a minor fit. My experiences entering (talking to you MAN) and exiting the UK have tended to involve the most "hassle" when it comes to the "western" countries so sometimes I just overthink it...so thanks again for the help!

*(Yes I know the USA is notorious for such things like hassle at entry but my Global Entry has helped with that. I enjoy the UK, lived there years ago, and am in no way casting aspersions.)